Defined Contribution & 401(k) Plan Consulting
Mammini Company has specialized in the retirement plan market since 1995 and Mike was been named as a Top Financial Adviser for the last three years by the Financial Times*, recognizing his experience and specialization in serving defined contribution retirement plans. We serve over 70 plans, representing close to 50,000 participants, with assets well in excess of $2 billion. In our experience retirement plan sponsors are often overwhelmed by plan complexities, fiduciary duties, regulatory requirements, and participant satisfaction. Our goal is to simplify the process and assist Plan sponsors to meet all their duties and responsibilities while not being burdened by these issues. We are completely independent, and our process is designed to result in beneficial outcomes for both the plan sponsor and its participants.
Our process is very detailed and organized to ensure all that is required by a Plan sponsor is being accomplished. This includes:
- Plan Design Consulting: To find and keep the best employees, you need a well-structured retirement plan that serves both the needs of your business and your employees. The advisors at Mammini Company will help you design a plan that meets your goals while encouraging your employees to make good decisions.
- Maximizing Fiduciary Protection: Our advisors fully understand the legal obligations for Plan sponsors and are committed, in writing, to also act as a fiduciary. They also provide education, and guidance thereby helping reduce your fiduciary liability. This includes the design of an appropriate Investment Policy Statement, providing minutes of all meetings and plan level decisions, and ensuring that all regulatory matters are being addressed.
- Improve Participant Experience: The advisors at Mammini Company makes an effort to ensure participants understand the plan benefits, make educated investment decisions, and participate in the plan in a meaningful way. This process is accomplished by a written service agreement that details their service around employee education meetings, one-on-one meetings, webinars, and other relevant investment topics. Meetings will be tailored to the educational needs and interest of the employees.
- Investment Menu Design and Monitoring: The structure of retirement plan menus continues to evolve. The advisors at Mammini Company understand that many plan participants do not understand investments and are not equipped to make good, long-term decisions. It is therefore important for Plan sponsors to make the investment process easy and less intimidating for employees. Our advisors also provide detailed regular monitoring of all investments offered in a Plan.
- Plan Benchmarking: ERISA fiduciaries have a legal obligation to make certain all plan fees and expenses are reasonable considering the level and quality of services provided. Our benchmarking process evaluates every cost associated with your plan, against appropriate peer benchmarks, so you can be confident and have documentation that you are following a prudent process that meets your fiduciary duties.
- Regular Plan Oversite: Our advisors maintain an organized, documented service process that ensures your plan is not only competitive but reasonably priced, meeting the needs of both the Plan sponsor and participants. Recommendations are made as a need arises.